The HeartBrothers Foundation coordinates with hospitals to fill the financial gap that exists between medical insurance and hospital compassionate care for patients of heart failure, VAD, and heart transplants. We assist these patients and their families through monetary compensation to help cover the cost of transportation, parking, lodging, and meals associated with long-term hospital stays.
Our assistance programs were launched in 2014 at Tufts Medical Center in Boston and its heart failure patients throughout New England and upstate New York. Since then, we have expanded our services to patients all across the country and are now establishing our relationships with hospitals nation-wide.
- Heart of Survival – Providing gap assistance and tools for patients and families to survive long-term hospitalization.
- Angel Transport – Assisting patients with medical/ambulance transportation costs (and other services) not typically covered by medical insurance agencies.
- Support Blog – Bringing those in the heart failure community together.
- Team HeartBrothers – Our volunteer team – providing face-to-face interaction with patients and families as well as assisting with fundraising and raising organ donation awareness.
- Organ Donation Awareness – Assisting organ donation organizations with increasing awareness of their services through (through Team HeartBrothers).