Our first ever VIRTUAL Annual Team HeartBrothers Meeting was held December 10, 2020, with great success. More than 30 of our team members assembled via Zoom for a 5.5-hour meeting.
Our annual meetings aim to educate all Team HeartBrothers members on the latest medical breakthroughs and new medications surrounding heart transplantation. And this year, unlike in years past, COVID-19 also made its way into our discussions. The key topic was the COVID-19 vaccine and whether or not transplant patients will be allowed to get it. Another new topic was coping strategies for transplant patients who are among the highest risk for COVID and oftentimes are under strict quarantine.
Thank you… to our guest speakers who donated their valuable time and gave us much insight this year:
- Ingrid Palacios – New England Donor Services, Community Outreach Coordinator
- Greg Quinn – CareDx, Senior Vice President of Sales, Testing Services
- Dr. Waleed Hassanein – Transmedics, Founder and CEO
- Dr. Debra Poutsiaka – Tufts Medical Center, Vice Chief for Clinical Affairs, Division of Geographic Medicine and Infectious Diseases
- Dr. David DeNofrio – Tufts Medical Center, Medical Director, Advanced Heart Failure Program
- Dr. Peter Moran – Cornerstone Behavioral Health, Co-founder and Senior Partner
- Dr. Andy Wolff – Cytokinetics, Senior VP and Senior Fellow of Clinical Research and Development
- Dr. Theo Meyer – UMass Memorial, Director, Heart Failure Wellness Program Director, Clinical Cardiology Interim Chief, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine